Chelsea vs RB Salzburg preview: the opportunity to confirm first place
Notable statistics Salzburg vs Chelsea
- Salzburg won only 1 of the last 5 matches in the Champions League.
- Chelsea won the last 3/5 matches in the Champions League.
- The two teams have only met twice and Chelsea is unbeaten (won 1 and drew 1).
- Salzburg's last 4/5 matches had under 2.5 goals.
- Chelsea's last 3/5 matches had under 2.5 goals.
Expected lineups Salzburg vs Chelsea
- Salzburg: Kohn, Dedic, Solet, Pavlovic, Wober, Seiwald, Agyekum, Gourna-Douath, Kjaergaard, Adamu, Okafor
- Chelsea: Kepa, Chalobah, Thiago Silva, Cucurella, Azpilicueta, Jorginho, Loftus-Cheek, Chilwell, Mount, Sterling, Aubameyang
Predictions for RB Salzburg vs Chelsea
In Group E, Chelsea and Salzburg are in first and second place, respectively. Chelsea temporarily tops the table with 7 points with 2 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss, while Salzburg is behind with 1 point less when there is 1 win and 3 draws. Both teams can actually qualify here in the penultimate game.
However, Chelsea is the team that experts appreciate more due to their positive results and consistent performance. They won 3/5 matches in the Champions League and did not fail in the last 8 matches, while Salzburg won only 1 of the last 5 matches in the Champions League.
The difficulty for Potter’s team is that they will have to play in Austria and may not have the best fitness because they just had a great battle with MU in the Premier League last weekend.
Chelsea and RB Salzburg have only met twice and Chelsea is unbeaten (won 1 and drew 1). So, Chelsea is team that has high possibility to win in the match.
Salzburg's last 4/5 matches had under 2.5 goals scored, while Chelsea's last 3/5 matches had under 2.5 goals scored. So, this match on October 25th is predicted to have no more than 3 goals.
Betimate predicts the result for the match between RB Salzburg and Chelsea is 1-2.