Lukaku injury news: Chelsea bring good news to fans
Romelu Lukaku backed to Chelsea’s training camp
The Belgium player got his ankle injury after the 4-0 win of the club against Malmo in the Champions League on October 20th. He then missed 3 consecutive games in the Premier League. Although the Blues played pretty well during the Lukaku injury, all fans of this London club have been still looking forward to his recovery.
Chelsea affirmed their £97.5 signing officially backed to training on this Monday. The 28-year-old also shared a number of pics that he was running on the camp to confirm the good news.
Lukaku returned in training
If everything is alright, Lukaku can play in the 12th Premier League game against Leicester this weekend. Playing on the Foxes’ King Power stadium is not easy so that the return of a strong attacker like Lukaku will be necessary. This season, Lukaku goals this season for Chelsea have been only 3 in the Premier League but manager Thomas Tuchel is still satisfied with what he has been showing. The German considered that Lukaku’s value is not only due to his ability to score.
Chelsea are having 26 points after 11 games in the Premier League. They are leading the competition with 3 points ahead of second-ranked teams Manchester City and West Ham. They have been also having only 4 conceding goals until now. The reigning Champions League winners have been still proving that they are one of the most brilliant candidates for the Premier League title this season.
Something we should know about Romelu Lukaku
1. Who is Romelu Lukaku?
- Lukaku full name: Romelu Menama Lukaku Bolingoli
- Lukaku age: 28 (DoB: 13 May 1993)
- Lukaku height: 6’ 3”
- Lukaku transfermarkt: £97.5 million
- Lukaku current team: Chelsea
- Lukaku number: 9
- Lukaku position: striker
Lukaku is a Belgian professional player who plays as a striker for Chelsea in the Premier League and for the Belgium national team. Lukaku made his senior international debut in 2010 and now is Belgium's all-time top goalscorer.
Lukaku is a left-footed player and is considered one of the best players in Europe at the moment. He is a large and physically powerful striker from an early age with an impressive ability to score. Moreover, due to his tactical versatility, he is also suitable when playing as a winger.
In August 2021, Lukaku returned to Chelsea in a club-record transfer worth £97.5 million, becoming the seventh-most expensive player in the world, the second-most expensive player in the Premier League, the most expensive Belgian player, and the most expensive player with reference to cumulative transfer fees.
2. Lukaku stats
3. Lukaku’s Honours
- 1 Belgian Pro League (2009–10)
- 1 Serie A (2020–21)
- 1 UEFA Europa League 2nd (2019–20)
- 1 FIFA World Cup 3rd (2018)
- 2020 IFFHS World's Best International Goal Scorer
- 2009 Belgian Sportsman Promising Talent of the Year
- 2009 Belgian Bronze Shoe
- 2010 Belgian Silver Shoe
- 2011 Ebony Shoe
- Everton Young Player of the 2015–16 Season
- Everton Goal of the 2015–16 Season
- Premier League Player of the Month: Mar 2017
- PFA Team of the Year: 2016–17 EPL
- Everton Player of the 2016–17 Season:
- Everton Players' Player of the 2016–17 Season
- PFA Fans' Player of the Month: Aug/Sep 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Bronze Boot
- Premio internazionale Giacinto Facchetti Award in 2020
- UEFA European Championship Team of the 2020 tournament
- UEFA Europa League Squad +Player of the 2019–20 season
- 2020 Best Belgian Abroad
- Serie A MVP of the Month: Feb 2021
- Serie A Most Valuable Player in the 2020–2021 season