By: Harry Siuu
Premier League’s curtain raiser: Manchester shared joys and sorrows, Mo Salah rescued Liverpool.
Last weekend, the new Premier League season was finally back with many thrilling battles, let Betimate summarize and highlight the result of all matches in the first round of the league. Don’t forget to visit our site more frequently for more suggestions of England Premier League Predictions!
- West Ham 0-2 Man City: The Premier League Champions displayed their strength to prove that they are one of the highest-appreciated contenders for the League’s trophy this season with a 2-0 win against an arch rival, West Ham. In the match yesterday, Erling Haaland definitely received the highest expectations from not only City’s fans but also football fanatics all around the world. And he did not make everyone disappointed by scoring a brace and having an impressive overall performance, helping the Citizens get off to a flying start.
- Fulham 2-2 Liverpool: Although Liverpool just had to face the promoted team, Fullham, the Kop encountered a lot of difficulty. And even if the home team had been more fortunate, they would have ended up with a shocking win against the runner-up of the league last season. The only bright side for the away team was that the club-recorded transfer Dawin Nunez opened his account in the Premier League to equalize 1-1 for the Kop.
- Everton 0-1 Chelsea: Chelsea have not won at Goodison Park since 2017. So, Thomas Tuchel’s squad was really determined to beat the home team. Thanks to a penalty in the first half, which sealed an opening day victory for Chelsea, the Italian has scored in 3 out of 5 opening games in the Premier League for the Blues.
- Crystal Palace 0-2 Arsenal: With the addition of many quality players, the gunners are considered to be the dark horse this season and even more, so if they could maintain their excellent form in pre-season matches. This notion became more solid when they had a 2-0 win against Crystal Palace last weekend.
- Tottenham Hotspur 4-1 Southampton: Despite being conceded a goal, when James Ward-Prowse gave the Saints a lead in the 12th minute, Tottenham Hotspur immediately made a recovery, with many chances created. It took only 9 minutes for Spurs to equalize, thanks to Ryan Sessegnon. After that, Eric Dier headed to help the home team take the lead, before Salisu’s own goal and Kulusevski’s powerful shot made it 3-1 and 4-1 for the home team. With this result, Tottenham Hotspur are temporarily ranked first in the table.
- Manchester United 1-2 Brighton: In the last round of the last season, Brighton soundly thrashed 4-1 MU. Therefore, the Red Devils desired to revenge for that humiliating event by launching the strongest quad. But the final result once again made Mancunians disappointed. The guests put a lot of pressure on the home team’s goal and quickly took a 2-0 lead before half time ended. The Red Evils dominated the second half, but they only scored a goal thanks to Brighton’s goal keeper and defender's mistakes. This result has aroused a strong suspicion of Ten Hag’s success at Manchester United.
- Leeds United 2-1 Wolverhampton: It was believed that the departure of 2 key players, Kalvin Phillip and raphinha would worsen the team. However, the performance against the Wolves on Saturday prove the opposition. Although the Wolves were effective with some opportunities created at the beginning and took the lead first, Leeds successfully turned the tie to finished the game with 2-1 win.
- Bournemouth 2-0 Aston Villa: Another shocking result occurred in Vitality Stadium. The Premier league newcomers earned a 2-0 win over Aston Villa with goals from Jefferson Lerma and Kieffer More as the Cherries made an impressive return to the top division of English football.
- Leicester 2-2 Brentford: The most dramatic match in the first round of the League will definitely be awared to the battle in King Power Stadium. Leading 2-0 in the 46th minute thanks to Timothy castagne and Kiernan Dewsbury-hall, Leicester City seemed to have three points after the game. However, the thing that nobody could imagine happened. Ivan Toney’s goal in 62nd minute and substitute Josh Dasilva’s incredible goal 4 minutes before the official time finished, made an impressive comeback for the away team.
- Newcastle 2-0 Nottingham Forest: Nottingham Forest were the only promoted team who could not get any points after the opening round of the league. The away team could not make any magic when their rival was the “world’s richest club’ who have invested big money into the transfer market in order to add quality players to the team. The match ended 2-3 in favour of the home team.
Tottenham, Leicester City compete to own Azzedine Ounahi
Due to Tottenham reportedly participating in this transfer agreement, Leicester City may not be able to sign Azzedine Ounahi in the winter transfer window.
Mikkel Arteta praised Fabio Vieira for his “quality”
Vieira's performance was hailed by Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta, who said he had the "ability to decide games."
Montpellier vs PSG final score, result: Messi’s comeback
Montpellier vs PSG final score, result (Round 21 Ligue 1): In round 21 of Ligue 1, Kylian Mbappe missed the penalty kick early, but PSG had Messi shine to bring a 3-1 triumph right on Montpellier's pitch.