Free football predictions and tips for Algeria Division 1
ALGERIA DIVISION 1
Algeria Division 1 is called the Algerian Ligue Professionnelle 1. This is the professional league for association clubs in Algeria which serves as the top division of the Algerian football league system. Together with Ligue Professionnelle 2, the competition is one of the two divisions making up the Ligue de Football Professionnel. Today, let’s explore more information about this expectable Algerian National football competition!
WHAT IS THE ALGERIA DIVISION 1?
The Algerian Ligue Professionnelle 1 is known with diverse names as the Championnat National de Première Division, the Championnat National 1, or Ligue 1 for short. This is the top Algerian professional football league which is under the administration of the Ligue de Football Professionnel (LFP). The competition is contested by 20 clubs, and it operates on a system of promotion and relegation with Algeria Ligue 2.
The teams play a double round-robin format. The Top 2 qualifies to the CAF Champions League, the 3rd place team is eligible for the CAF Confederation Cup, alongside the Algerian Cup winner.
Algeria Division 1
HOW IS THE HISTORY OF THE ALGERIA DIVISION 1?
In 1904, the initial playoffs were founded and played.
- From 1920 to 1956, the competition winners competed with league winners from Morocco and Tunisia for the North African Championship.
- Between 1957 and 1962, the North African Championship without the participation of Morocco and Tunisia was organized as the “Algerian Championship”
- On 21 October 1963, the league was officially created when Algeria became an independent nation.
- In 2009, the championship was known as Championnat d'Algérie D1 Nedjma due to its first sponsorship.
- On 21 August 2010, the FAF informed that the name of the league would change to Ligue Professionnelle 1 to reflect its professionalization.
- From 2010 to 2014, it was renamed Ligue Professionnelle 1 Nedjma because it is sponsored by Kuwaiti telecommunications company Nedjma.
- In 2014, the league was under the official name Ligue Professionnelle 1 Mobilis due to the similar reason above.
Fans of the Algeria Division 1
MEDIA COVERAGE OF ALGERIA LIGUE 1
- Since the independence of Algeria, Algerian Television has the broadcast rights of the Ligue Professionnelle 1.
- EPTV Channels ( Algerian state-owned television) broadcast from 2 to 5 matches per round
- Since the 2015-16 season, Qatari channels Al-Kass Sports can broadcast 10 meetings per season.
- Algerian private channels offer special league programs and highlights: El Heddaf, Echourouk, Dzair, El Djazairia One, El Bilad TV, Beur TV, and Ennahar.
WHICH TEAMS ARE TAKING PART IN THE 2020-21 ALGERIA DIVISION1?
The below Algeria Division 1 Table displays all 20 teams taking part in the competition in the 2020-21 season. The league has the participation of the strongest teams like JS Kabylie, ES Sétif, USM Alger as well as some new names from Ligue 2 like O Médéa, JSM Skikda, and WA Tlemcen. The competition promises to bring surprises to fanatics of Algerian football.
BEST CLUBS IN THE ALGERIA DIVISION 1
As of the 2019-210 season, JS Kabylie is dominating the Algeria Division 1 with 14 times winning the title, as well as 11 times becoming the runner-up of this league. Whereas, USM Alger and ES Sétif are having both 8 winning titles and ranking the second and the third of the league’s race.
ALL-TIME TOP GOAL SCORERS IN ALGERIAN LIGUE PROFESSIONNELLE 1
The best goalscorer of the Algerian Division 1 until now is Hacène Lalmas with 131 goals in his Algerian football career. Abdesslem Bousri ranked second with 123 goals in 280 matches. Abdelkader Fréha played only more than 150 matches but had 121 goals. Other players in the list were all excellent with impressive achievements that many young players have to expect.
For more information about Algeria Division 1 predictions and results, please visit Betimate to update news as soon as possible.