Free football predictions and tips for Holland Tweede Divisie
HOLLAND TWEEDE DIVISIE
The Tweede Divisie is the third tier of the Netherlands football league system. This is also the highest non-professional competition for amateur teams in Holland to compete and get slots to join the higher leagues. If you haven’t known this league much, let Betimate show you its most necessary information and provide you with Netherlands Tweede Divisie Predictions for free!
WHAT IS THE TWEEDE DIVISIE?
The Holland Tweede Divisie is also called the Second Division. This is the highest amateur football league in the Netherlands.
- 1956: the league was established in the same year as that of the Eredivisie and the Eerste Divisie.
- 1956-1960 and 1962-1966 periods: the competition included the two divisions named Tweede Divisie A and Tweede Divisie B.
- 1971: the third tier was disbanded. The six promoted clubs to the Eerste Divisie were De Volewijckers, FC Eindhoven, FC VVV, Fortuna Vlaardingen, PEC and Roda JC. The remaining teams became amateur clubs.
- 2014: KNVB planned a new amateur Tweede Divisie with the participation of 4 reserve teams and 14 Topklasse( the Third Division) clubs.
- Since 2016-17, the new second division has been implemented. Despite its amateurism, the competition obligated its clubs to have a minimum number of players under contract.
Until after the 2022-23 season, no first team will be promoted to the Eerste Divisie. However, since 2021, the highest-ranked second-team gains promotions, and the lowest-ranked reserves are relegated to a new under-21 Division. The Tweede Divisie's amateur clubs that are not directly eligible for its under-21 equivalent will be taken part in an under-23 competition.
Holland Tweede Divisie
THE 2020-21 TWEEDE DIVISIE
The 2020-21 Tweede Divisie was the fifth edition of the new Netherlands third tier since on hiatus from the 1970-71 season, and the 20th edition applying the Tweede Divisie name.
In the 2019-20 season, the KNVB decided to cancel all competitions at a non-professional level. On 3 December 2020, the KNVB declared that the regular competition would no longer be continued. It would have been split into 2 groups of 9 teams followed by playoffs. On 24 February 2021, the A senior competition was discontinued again without any promotion or relegation.
Tweede Divisie- Champions AFC
Teams in the 2020-21 season are defined in this below table: